5 Best Foods for a Stronger Heart
- With all the processed foods we consume containing excess fat, trans fat, calories sugar and sodium we are asking our heart to work harder than is possible.
- Certain foods actually can make your heart stronger if other harmful foods are decreased
- 4 or more servings of whole grains, nuts and beans lower heart disease by over 20% if eaten just once a week
- 3 cups of cranberry juice raises our good cholesterol, HDL by 10% and lowers cardiac risk by 40%. Look for at least 27% pure cranberry juice
- 1 grapefruit daily lowers the bad cholesterol LDL by 10%
- Fatty Fish containing Omega 3 fatty acids such as tuna and salmon lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation and strengthens the heart.
- Some easy and tasty ideas that will pay off in longevity and quality of life