A Perfect Summer dessert: Home Made Fruit Crisp
- A perfect summer dessert is a homemade fresh fruit crisp.
- The best fruits to use are fresh berries, peaches, apricots, apples and pears. The only fruits to avoid are citrus and tropical fruits.
- Leave the skin on for extra fibre and count on 1 cup of fruit per person.
- For a 6 person serving toss 6 cups of diced fruit with a couple tbsp of lemon juice, a little brown sugar and cinnamon – place in a large baking dish.
- For the topping mix ½ cup butter or oil with ½ cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of flour and a dash of salt and cinnamon.
- Mix with your hands until crumbly and scatter over top.
- Bake at 375 F until the fruit juices are bubbling and the top is golden brown about 30 minutes.
- Always best to serve warm.