Colour Symbols for Nutritionals
- Nutritional numbers for restaurants on websites have little impact since most customers don’t bother researching, until after the fact
- Even putting these nutrients on the menu don’t always make a difference
- One of the reasons is that people don’t know what their individual daily calories, fat, sugar and sodium should be.
- How about a simpler method like using color symbols such as green, orange and red. Something we can all relate to.
- Studies at the university of Oklahoma were conducted by showing customers menus without calorie info; then with info and finally a color symbol approach
- Results were that customers who looked at the colors ate about 100 calories less.
- It was also the less health conscious customers who ordered the green items
- Over time this would not only educate but also result in significant weight loss.