Fruit Juice – Yay or Nay?[audio mp3="http://artoflivingwell.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/680News-Fruit-Juice-May-25-2015.mp3"][/audio]
- Tohave or not to have fruit juice?
- The purest gives you some nutrients, but the artificial are better known as liquid candy - there are better choices!
- Pure vegetable juices such as tomato and beet have much less sugar and fewer calories than other fruits. But watch the sodium!
- 100% pure fruit juice is a source of vitamin C and potassium, but the natural sugar and calories could be better replaced with real fruits that have more nutrients and are a better source of fibre that sustains blood sugar levels longer,
- The top fruit juice is pomegranate because the antioxidants are higher than in red wine or green tea,
- The worst are juice cocktails mostly made up of water, sugar and small amounts of pure juice.
- No more than 1 cup of pure juice daily for adults and ½ cup for young children. Try to eat your fruits instead!