How to Grill the Perfect Steak
- Steaks are the most popular meat for the bbq. But getting that perfectly cooked juicy steak requires a few key tips.
- If you want the best tasting choose a grain fed fattier cut that has been aged from 15 – 30 days rather than grass fed.
- Take your steak from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before grilling, pat dry, add sea salt at this time and brush with olive oil to get those perfect grill marks.
- Heat your bbq to a very high heat to caramelize the outside of the steak and seal in the flavour.
- Flip your steak only once.
- The internal temperature gives the best results – use a meat thermometer for accuracy – for rare – 120 F/ medium 140 F and well done 160 F.
- Let the steak rest for about 10 minutes which maintains the juices.