How To Keep Your Avocado From Turning Brown
- Avocados are one of the most popular and healthy fruits we enjoy.
- But the downside is we have to leave it until the last minute to cut or it turns brown.
- In the past we have been told to squeeze lemon juice on it, cover tightly with plastic wrap or keep the pit in the mashed avocado until ready to serve.
- I have found all these methods fail after about 30 minutes
- But here is the 100% sure fire method
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Drop each avocado in one at a time for 10 seconds only. This kills the enzyme which turns avocados brown.
- Immediately place in a bowl of ice water until no longer warm
- Use as directed and you will find your avocado stays green for up to 6 hours!