How to Shop Healthy and Save a Fortune
680 News - Shop healthy and Save -Sept 5, 2018
- So many of us think that eating healthy always costs more.
- It doesn’t have to. Stick with produce that’s in season and heartier fruits and vegetables that keep longer.
- Buy nuts, dried fruit and grains in the bulk section. Keep these foods in your freezer where they last for over a year.
- Freeze overripe bananas for baking. Vegetables that are overripe are perfect for soups, chillies and sauces.
- Don’t always buy name brand foods. There is usually a no name or store equivalent that has the identical ingredients for much less.
- Shopping with a list for meal planning saves you buying foods you may not use all of.
- Forget the water bottles that are costly and may be harmful to our health. Buy an environmentally safe water bottle or a Brita pitcher to filter impurities.