The Explosion of Egg Consumption
- Have you noticed the increase in the marketing of whole eggs recently?
- Restaurants, supermarkets and farmers are very happy.
- Mcdonalds has had a 25% egg sales surge in the first year by selling all day breakfasts, which equals 35 million more eggs!
- Sunnyside eggs are being served over top breakfast bowls, salads, grains and even proteins at fast food chains and restaurants.
- The reason is that they are no longer considered a dietary enemy.
- In the past, we were concerned with the cholesterol in eggs. New research shows that eggs, meat, poultry and dairy have less effect on dietary cholesterol than foods with saturated fat and trans fats.
- It’s more about what you eat with the eggs. Forget the bacon or steak and rather enjoy eggs with plant-based options such as whole grains and vegetables.