Tip on Getting Kids to Eat Well at Dinner.
- With school just starting, the dinner table battle begins again!
- Just two more bites and you can have dessert or you didn’t eat enough you’ll starve!
- Here are some tips on how to raise a healthy eater:
- It’s all about variety, moderation and amounts not a nutritional quota.
- Try not to serve the same foods and snacks two days in a row – offer it on the 3rd day.
- Smaller portions win over large. Always better to offer more after they finish. Two to three bites of each food on their plates to start, which is not overwhelming,
- If there are three foods on their plate they will always eat their favourite first. Ask that they take a bite of each food in rotation.
- Eating well as a child is a learnt skill and parents are setting the model.